Interactive World Map is a WordPress plugin to create as many maps as you want, with interactive and colored markers, continents, countries or regions.
(Check out the standalone non-wordpress version here)
Fully compatible with the brand new WordPress v.5
Show Different Regions
You will be able to show hundreds of different kinds of maps, already included:
- A map of the entire world.
- A continent or a sub-continent. (Africa, Europe, Americas, Asia, Oceania and all their sub-continents)
- A country. (virtually all the countries in the world are included, featuring the most requested: USA, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil, India, Australia…)
- A country divided by its regions. *
- A state in the United States.
- The United States divided by metropolitan areas.
- A state in the United States divided by metropolitan areas.
Color Regions or add Markers
You can add active colored regions to the map, and display them in 2 different ways:
- As Regions – It will color the whole region, for example a continent, subcontinent, a country, a country province, or a US state.
- As Markers -It will display a colored bubble in the chosen regions, that can be a city, a state or a country.
See the DEMO to see how they interact!
You can add interactivity to the active regions:
- A Tooltip– A tooltip will be displayed by default on hover with the information you provide.
You will be able to costumize the visual of your maps:
- Background color;
- Box border width and color;
- Inactive regions color;
- Individual colors for each active region;
- Markers size;
- Width and Height of the map;
Add the Maps anywhere on your website
You can use a shortcode to include the maps in posts, pages and even in sidebar widgets! You can also add the maps to your template, with a simple php function.
If no width is specified it will load with the maximum width available in the container div. For example, it will load and adapt with different sizes for phones/ipads/laptops. However, after loaded it will not change size if you resize the window.
Since version 1.4 the plugin includes an option to make the maps fully Responsive. This will use jQuery to check if the window size changed and will redraw the map with the new available space. RESPONSIVE INTERACTIVE MAP EXAMPLE
Cross device and browser compatible
The maps are built in SVG, no flash is used and therefore they will display in Mac products.
CSS Hacks made easy
There a few features that the Google Geochart API doesn’t provide by default, but the plugin provides a ‘Custom CSS Generator’ to help implement some features like hover colour change effect, implement font icons as markers, change border colour, among others.
Example of map using font icons from fontAwesome toolkit using some CSS tricks, available from version 1.7.3 released January 2016. Learn more about this technique.
Where to use it?
This plugin is perfect for:
- Travel Websites – Create maps to display destinations and link to pages about a specific location
- Traveler Website – Display a map with destinations/countries visited
- Multinational Companies – Create maps of the cities/countries where they operate
- Small Companies – Show the location of the business in a country map
- NGO’s – Create maps of NGO projects around the world
- Infographics – Display simple to read maps with various information
- And much more other applications! Be creative!
Compatible with all the popular WordPress Themes
- Divi – by ElegantThemes
- X Theme
Custom USA Elections Map